Report a Problem in a Park or Conservation Area

If this is a life-threatening emergency, call 911.

The property you’re visiting includes some land managed by the Newton Department of Parks, Recreation, and Culture, and some land managed by the Newton Conservation Commission.

The best way to report a problem, such as a downed tree blocking a trail, is to use the Newton 311 system:

  • On the web, follow this link:  Newton 311
  • On your phone, call 311

Other ways to report a problem:

If you’re reporting a problem in a large park or conservation area, it may be helpful for you to pinpoint your precise location. You can do this using the Google Maps app on your smartphone.

Follow the instructions on this page to find your precise location.