Report a Problem in a Newton City Park

If this is a life-threatening emergency, call 911.

The property you’re visiting is managed by the Newton Department of Parks, Recreation, and Culture.

The best way to report a problem, such as a downed tree limb, is to use the Newton 311 system:

  • On the web, follow this link:  Newton 311
  • On your phone, call 311
  • Use the Newton 311 app on a smartphone.  The app may be downloaded from Google Play (for Android phones) or the App Store (for Apple products).

Other ways to report a problem:

  • Email the Parks, Recreation, and Culture department at
  • Phone the Parks, Recreation, and Culture department at 617-796-1500

If you’re reporting a problem in a large park, it may be helpful for you to pinpoint your precise location. You can do this using the Google Maps app on your smartphone.

Follow the instructions on this page to find your precise location.