The Newton Conservators has been studying issues relating to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice (DEIJ) as they relate to our mission for the past year. After much reflection and discussion the Board passed its commitment to DEIJ at its meeting December 15, 2021 (see below wording) and posted it as part of Who We Are.
Newton Conservators is committed to fostering a sense of belonging for all people in Newton’s open spaces by:
- planning and evaluating all of our activities through a diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice (DEIJ) lens
- continually educating ourselves and our constituents about DEIJ issues
- building authentic relationships with regional organizations serving historically marginalized people
- working to include previously underrepresented people on our Board and among our members, program participants, and open space visitors
- diversifying all with whom we partner and do business.