At its April 2019 meeting, the commission was presented with this plan for the park. The plan has the following goals:
- Ensure through pedestrian movement.
- Ensure accessibility across the site.
- Encourage use of formal paths.
- Preserve and enhance opportunities for passive recreation and fishing.
- Improve how stormwater is collected and managed.
- Improve water quality.
- Create a landscape that is stable and sustainable.
- Enhance and protect views.
Diagram of the planned changes:
A public meeting in May 2018 presented three alternative plans for improvements to the cove.