The Newton Parks and Recreation Commission voted on May 20, 2019 to support a plan to make major changes to the Levingston Cove park on the shore of Crystal Lake. The plan next will be considered by the Conservation Commission and the Community Preservation Committee.
Details about the plan are in this document. The plan has the following goals:
- Ensure through pedestrian movement.
- Preserve and enhance opportunities for passive recreation and fishing.
- Improve how stormwater moves through and is collected on site.
- Create a landscape that is stable and sustainable.
- Enhance and protect views.
- Improve water quality.
- Ensure accessibility across the site.
Diagram of the planned changes:
A public meeting in May 2018 presented three alternative plans for improvements to the cove.
An earlier version of the plan was presented at the April 2019 meeting.