Mayor Ruthanne Fuller’s proposal to buy and preserve Webster Woods has been approved by the Community Preservation Committee, was given preliminary approval by the City Council on November 25th, and will be brought to a final vote on December 2nd.
Here are some things you can do to help save the woods:
- Call or write to members of the City Council and ask if they will commit to support the proposal, including the use of eminent domain if necessary. Report their responses to email@example.com
- Boston College students from the EcoPledge and Climate Justice organizations have started an online petition to support the preservation of Webster Woods. If you’re a member of the BC Community (faculty, staff, alumn, student), please sign the petition. If you know someone from the BC community, please forward the link to them.
- Join the Friends of Webster Woods
- Learn more about Edwin Webster and the history of the woods
- Learn more about efforts to save the woods